Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Harden Not Your Hearts

Image source: http://realhomilies.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/6011999624_61555e0620_m2.jpg
An excerpt from Fr. Vic Baltazar, SJ's reflection today:

"God constantly speaks his Word to us to teach us, to correct us, to bring healing to us and to remind us about what is truly of value in God’s eyes. Hardness of heart will only serve to kill any inspiration to love and show compassion for others. Hardness of heart will make us apathetic to others’ plight. Hardness of heart will make us unforgiving, unfeeling even. Perhaps our hearts have become inured to the pain that comes with loving that we simply give up and decided to stop loving."

Click here to read more.

Today, I pray for clarity; for an open heart and an open mind. I know God has been telling me something; it's just that I am distracted by noises.

I pray that I can come back to myself--authentic in its simplicity and free from the snares of the ego.

Dear God, help me. I thirst for your Word today.

No comments:

Post a Comment